Actor, icon, and global treasure Robert De Niro turns 75 today. Has there been a more talented master of his field in contemporary Hollywood than De Niro? It seems unlikely. Looking over his filmography is like getting a refresher course in the greatest films of the 20th (and now, 21st) century: Mean Streets, The Godfather Part II, Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunter, Raging Bull, The King of Comedy, Once Upon a Time in America, The Untouchables, Midnight Run, Goodfellas, Cape Fear, Casino, Heat, Cop Land, Jackie Brown, Meet the Parents, Silver Lining Playbook, and on and on and on.
To commemorate this milestone, we plan on taking in some of the above movies this weekend. But we also want to hear from you, by sharing your thoughts on all things De Niro in the comments. Among the questions we’d like you to answer:
• What is your favorite Robert De Niro movie and why?
• Which film of his do you think is the worst?
• Why do you think he works so well with Martin Scorsese?
• Why do you think De Niro’s work has struck such a chord with audiences over several generations?
• How have his films impacted your own life?
We encourage you to share any and all thoughts about Robert De Niro in the comments. And yeah, we’re talkin’ to you!